Sunday, June 5, 2016

BTS Writing: Dacey & Decisions


A little update on the progress of 'The Revelation of Dacey Sinnett'.  I'm now 3K words away from reaching the length of 'ROAM'!  When I'd outlined the story originally, I hadn't realized that it would end up being longer in the end but as I'm just beginning the last third of the book it is quite obvious that will be the case.  I'm not sure how many prequels are longer than the original but there was a lot of ground to cover.  Over a hundred years worth of material to be precise.  Vampires.  :)

I'm excited to enter the last act of the book because everything will now start tieing in more directly with the events in 'ROAM'.  Some characters will even have cameos which I'm very much looking forward to writing.

As I come closer to finishing this book, I've begun to work on the beginning process of executive decisions and outlining for my next book (which is the sequel to 'ROAM').  After a lot of thought, I'm leaning toward taking a different approach with the release of it.

First of all, I should say that, yes, I do plan on releasing 'The Revelation of Dacey Sinnett' for Kindle as I did with 'ROAM'.  A lot of people don't use Wattpad and prefer to just download the story to their devices. (Also, the versions on Wattpad are the first drafts.  I edit, refine, and finalize them before placing on Kindle.)  Plus, as an author it makes sense for me to do that as purchases allow me to continue progressing forward with my writing goals.

I don't want to change things too drastically for readers with this series.  I appreciate all of the support and enthusiasm that you've had.  So, as long as I write 'ROAM' stories (and self-publish), I will publish them on Wattpad.  The difference that I'm considering is this:  Instead of releasing the sequel chapter-by-chapter as I write them, I will instead write the entire book and then put it up on Wattpad and Kindle at the same time.  On Wattpad I will release two chapters a week or you can just download it in full on Kindle.  I think this process works out better for everyone.  Chapter releases will be on a consistent schedule that way and those who prefer to get the whole story at once will have that option instead of having to wait and read a chapter at a time over the course of many months.

Let me know what you think, though.  I will definitely consider any advice on the subject but I belive this is the best direction to go with the next book in the series.

Thanks again for all of your support!  And if you're a 'Dacey' reader, be ready, someone very close to Ethan Roam will be making an appearance soon.  :)

Your Dapper Friend,
-Dez Schwartz-

No comments:

Post a Comment