Tuesday, October 30, 2018

NaNoWriMo 2018

(Equipped and ready!)


I participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time in 2016 when I wrote the first draft of HUNTER (scheduled for release April 2019 through NineStar Press) but missed out on joining in last year.  I've yet to determine if NaNoWriMo is really for me so I wanted to give it another try and it just so happened to be coming around right as I'm delving into writing the final book in the ROAM trilogy.  The timing is convenient and I'm hoping all of the fuss surrounding NaNoWriMo will help keep me on track.  My goal for November is to see how much writing I can actually accomplish during certain time frames of a day so that moving forward I will better know how to schedule my time and set personal deadlines for myself that I can realistically adhere to.

What Book Will I Be Writing?

As mentioned, I'll be working on the third ROAM book, DREAM WEAVER.  

What Prep Work Have I Done?

I have a general outline of the story and I've already written the first 1,500 words because laying down those intial lines is always the hardest part for me.  Like an artist with a fresh canvas; but thankfully writers have delete buttons if we don't like our first strokes.  I wanted to have this part down before November that way I would know exactly where I was jumping in at and I wouldn't waste time mulling over it.

I've also brushed up on my two previous stories and made a list of loose ends that I want to tie up.  With this being the final book in the main series, I need to try and give it as much closure as possible.

I'm looking forward to participating with the writing community surrounding NaNoWriMo and seeing how much I can accomplish.  If you're also planning to join in, let me know!

~ Dez ~


- Be sure to stay updated with special announcements and new releases through my newsletter!  You can sign up on the main page of my website.
- If you're interested in my daily life and writerly musings, you can also follow me Instagram and Twitter.


OUT NOW



It's time to face your nightmares.

Soon To Be Released

- HUNTER (ROAM, Book Two), coming April 2019 through NineStar Press.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing NaNo for the first time. :) I don't have a novel in mind, but I'm hoping to finish some short stories. If I can finish just one by the end of the month, I'll be happy. :) Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your writing journey this month! I hope you share what you work on so I get the chance to read it. :)

      Delete