Monday, February 19, 2024

Currently Writing: PROJECT DWC

 


If you've read my previous blog posts or follow me on social media then you may have already heard me reference Project DWC. This is what I'm calling my current work in progress. DWC is short for the actual series title, which I'm not ready to reveal yet!

I'd initially intended to write this as a multi-installment serial (short story-length installments), but as I've begun writing the first book I have very quickly realized the format will turn out different than I'd imagined. It's just playing out to make much more sense as a series of novels. Yes, a whole new story world! I'd also initially thought I'd be self-publishing it, which might still end up being the case. But now, I'm also toying with the idea of submitting it for traditional publishing (i.e.- querying it to a publisher). There are still so many decisions that will have to be made in terms of how this story will finally be brought to market, BUT that comes later. I have to finish writing it first! All this to say that: I'm very excited about this story. It's what I'm spending all of my creative writing time on. And while I'd love to share more about it with you all along the way, I also beg for your patience because it might be some time before you're actually able to read it. But, as I always do, I will keep you updated on my progress on the journey to publication!

If you've missed my previous mentions of this project, it's a new MM Dreampunk series with an Urban Fantasy setting and built upon the framework of magic and multiverses. And for those who have read the ROAM series; yes, it is connected to the ROAMverse and there may potentially be some cameos or references to that series at some point in this one. Fun easter eggs to look forward to in the future!




I'm reluctant to give anything too detailed about this series away yet, as I'm still working on the first draft. But here's a sneak peek of an inspiration board I created that contains glimpses of what to expect in terms of characters, mood, and atmosphere. Each row represents one of the main cast of characters from the first book in the series.

Progress Report: I've just finished drafting Act 1 and am about a third of the way through the first draft.

Let me know if there are any specific types of behind-the-scenes teasers you enjoy so that I can share them with you! I'm hoping to keep you updated on my progress monthly as I feel that this book may take some time to fully craft and cultivate into the robust story that I know it will be. I'd rather take my time and give it the care it deserves than rush through it to please the algorithm gods.

Also, if there are any certain types of blog topics that you'd prefer to read from me this year, let me know that as well! Whether it's deep dives into stories or characters, writing tips, or something entirely different!


Thanks for reading!

Your Writerly Friend,

❤ Dez

No comments:

Post a Comment