Monday, February 12, 2024

January Wrap-Up


This year started off strong! I feel like I was more busy in this one month than in the entirety of last year. I've had a lot of fun, but I'm also looking forward to a slightly more laid-back February.



First and foremost in January, SOMNISCOPE released! This is the second Dreampunk anthology I've participated in and my short story, Looped, is included. If you've yet to pick up a copy, this book contains short stories by 27 different Dreampunk authors! You can get your copy here.




I hit 10K words on my first draft of what I'm now calling Project DWC. This MM Dreampunk story is the first in a new series and I'm excited to share more with you soon!




I was very busy in January in multiple aspects of my life, including finally joining a Ghostbusters franchise! I'd tried to start one in my town nearly a decade ago without much luck and had given up. But all in good time, because someone else finally decided to start one and by sheer chance, our paths crossed and--long story short--I joined a group that is growing quickly! I've attended two events with them already, a Comic Con and a Table Top Con, and am looking forward to participating in more this year!




I also prepped for THREE art shows! All of these have taken place during this first week of February, but the time spent creating the art happened in December/January. I'll share more about these in next month's wrap-up post.


What I Read in January:




Odds & Ends:

For whatever reason, I watched the entire first season of the Jersey Shore for the first time (Snooki is my fav. lol). About to start S2! I'm back on a boba kick. I'm slowly getting back to posting about my vintage collections. And I became obsessed with connecting all of the literary references in Saltburn.

Here's to a slightly less busy, but hopefully still very productive, February!


Happy Reading!

❤ Dez

No comments:

Post a Comment