Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a great holiday season (and if not, then here's to a fresh start!). First of all, I want to say thank you for all of your continued support over the years, but especially in 2021! I saw a lot of growth with readership and I hope to continue to reach more people who love LGBTQ Fiction. 2021 was an interesting year for me writing-wise. I published my first Contemporary story (Hollywood To Horses) and received Runner-Up honors in two categories of the Rainbow Awards the first year that I ever dipped my toes into the book awards circuit. In total, I wrote and published two books and sold two short stories to anthologies. Pretty good considering how many challenges I faced throughout the year!
So, here's what I'm working on heading into 2022:
- Nótt Haven: Book 2 (a sequel to The Dandy Medium) - It's looking like this will end up being a duology with possible spin-offs in the future.
- The Dead Oaks: Omnibus - I've been wanting to do this for a while and now feels like a good time. The goal is to release an omnibus edition of the entire Dead Oaks series (re-edited and with a new cover) which will possibly include a new short story.
- Somniscope - this follow-up anthology to Mirrormaze will release in December 2022 and will include my new short story, Looped.
- New Dreampunk series tentatively titled Dreampunk 2.0 - ROAM was my debut series and also my first venture into a genre that I ultimately helped define. I have a new series idea in mind which will also be very Dreampunk but I haven't decided yet how entwined it'll be to ROAM or if I'll keep it completely separate. This will be the beginning of a new giant project and I probably won't begin working on it until closer to the end of the year.
- Nótt Haven: Book 3 - On the off chance that I just write up a storm this year and actually have time to do more than the aforementioned, I do have another Nótt Haven story already in mind but it would be a spin-off.
- Experimental - I have a few ideas that will be unlike anything I've done before and I have yet to decide if I'll write them under this pen name or a new one. If I get to work on any of them, I'll keep you posted with more details.
- I hate throwing out any story idea, but sometimes they just don't work out. I had mentioned back in Autumn a new short story that I was working on. If you follow me on other platforms you may remember seeing some talk of this or some aesthetic inspo photos. I've decided to scrap this story. Recently, I've seen the same premise begin to be published by other authors in the same genre and as disheartening as it is, it kind of killed my vibe. Maybe I'll revisit it in the future, but for now, I'm calling it quits on that one.