Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Curious to try my books, but don't know where to start? Already read one that you liked, but want to know which to try next?
Here's a fun guide to help direct you to the series that might best fit your tastes!
Like This Show? Read This Book!
Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo, evilqueenreads (IG)!
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Summer is nearly here and it's hard to imagine that we're almost halfway through 2022 already. I haven't posted here since the beginning of the year so I wanted to share some updates on what's going on in my writing life!
There's a lot going on in the world (we all know so I won't get into it here), and I feel as though--to an extent--the weight of it has slowed down my writing process this year; BUT I am consistently writing, so I do have a few things to update you on.
My main project at the moment is the sequel to The Dandy Medium (the paperback edition is currently on sale on Amazon). This M/M Gaslamp Fantasy catches us back up with Alfie and Sebastian several months after the events of the first book. New crimes are afoot and this time they heavily involve the citizens of the Night District. I won't say too much, but a certain vampire and his underground society play a huge role in this story! As for progress, I'm about 1/4 of the way through the first draft.
If you enjoyed the Dreampunk Anthology Mirrormaze then you'll be pleased to hear that a second Dreampunk Anthology will be releasing later this year titled Somniscope! My short story contribution to this one is titled Looped and is a surreal, psychological drama. A bit different from what you've seen from me so far but still in line with my Dreampunk style (ex: ROAM series). This new anthology, featuring a wonderful group of Dreampunk writers, will release in December 2022.
Aside from writing, I've also taken on a role as a Proofreader for NineStar Press! I'm thrilled to be able to keep finding ways to contribute to the LGBTQ book community.
As you can see, I'm keeping busy. But I am hoping to get into the habit of updating this blog more regularly.
Thank you all for your continued support!
Until next time, Happy Reading!
Thank you for sharing this gorgeous photo, toshsbookcorner!
Monday, January 3, 2022
Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a great holiday season (and if not, then here's to a fresh start!). First of all, I want to say thank you for all of your continued support over the years, but especially in 2021! I saw a lot of growth with readership and I hope to continue to reach more people who love LGBTQ Fiction. 2021 was an interesting year for me writing-wise. I published my first Contemporary story (Hollywood To Horses) and received Runner-Up honors in two categories of the Rainbow Awards the first year that I ever dipped my toes into the book awards circuit. In total, I wrote and published two books and sold two short stories to anthologies. Pretty good considering how many challenges I faced throughout the year!
So, here's what I'm working on heading into 2022:
- Nótt Haven: Book 2 (a sequel to The Dandy Medium) - It's looking like this will end up being a duology with possible spin-offs in the future.
- The Dead Oaks: Omnibus - I've been wanting to do this for a while and now feels like a good time. The goal is to release an omnibus edition of the entire Dead Oaks series (re-edited and with a new cover) which will possibly include a new short story.
- Somniscope - this follow-up anthology to Mirrormaze will release in December 2022 and will include my new short story, Looped.
- New Dreampunk series tentatively titled Dreampunk 2.0 - ROAM was my debut series and also my first venture into a genre that I ultimately helped define. I have a new series idea in mind which will also be very Dreampunk but I haven't decided yet how entwined it'll be to ROAM or if I'll keep it completely separate. This will be the beginning of a new giant project and I probably won't begin working on it until closer to the end of the year.
- Nótt Haven: Book 3 - On the off chance that I just write up a storm this year and actually have time to do more than the aforementioned, I do have another Nótt Haven story already in mind but it would be a spin-off.
- Experimental - I have a few ideas that will be unlike anything I've done before and I have yet to decide if I'll write them under this pen name or a new one. If I get to work on any of them, I'll keep you posted with more details.
- I hate throwing out any story idea, but sometimes they just don't work out. I had mentioned back in Autumn a new short story that I was working on. If you follow me on other platforms you may remember seeing some talk of this or some aesthetic inspo photos. I've decided to scrap this story. Recently, I've seen the same premise begin to be published by other authors in the same genre and as disheartening as it is, it kind of killed my vibe. Maybe I'll revisit it in the future, but for now, I'm calling it quits on that one.