Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Spring Updates

 



Happy Spring!


Summer is nearly here and it's hard to imagine that we're almost halfway through 2022 already. I haven't posted here since the beginning of the year so I wanted to share some updates on what's going on in my writing life!

There's a lot going on in the world (we all know so I won't get into it here), and I feel as though--to an extent--the weight of it has slowed down my writing process this year; BUT I am consistently writing, so I do have a few things to update you on.

Work-In-Progress

My main project at the moment is the sequel to The Dandy Medium (the paperback edition is currently on sale on Amazon). This M/M Gaslamp Fantasy catches us back up with Alfie and Sebastian several months after the events of the first book. New crimes are afoot and this time they heavily involve the citizens of the Night District. I won't say too much, but a certain vampire and his underground society play a huge role in this story! As for progress, I'm about 1/4 of the way through the first draft.

Coming Soon

If you enjoyed the Dreampunk Anthology Mirrormaze then you'll be pleased to hear that a second Dreampunk Anthology will be releasing later this year titled Somniscope! My short story contribution to this one is titled Looped and is a surreal, psychological drama. A bit different from what you've seen from me so far but still in line with my Dreampunk style (ex: ROAM series). This new anthology, featuring a wonderful group of Dreampunk writers, will release in December 2022.

Aside from writing, I've also taken on a role as a Proofreader for NineStar Press! I'm thrilled to be able to keep finding ways to contribute to the LGBTQ book community.

As you can see, I'm keeping busy. But I am hoping to get into the habit of updating this blog more regularly.

Thank you all for your continued support!


Until next time, Happy Reading!

- Dez

Reader Share

Thank you for sharing this gorgeous photo, toshsbookcorner!



Previous Post Highlight



Quote of the Week


Reader Review




No comments:

Post a Comment