Monday, June 26, 2023

Camp NaNoWriMo: July 2023 Edition

 


Happy Summer Solstice!

It's hot as a hellhound where I'm from (TX). Yesterday, we broke our record high for this time of year at 114 degrees! So, it looks like it's shaping up to be the perfect summer to STAY INSIDE! Which is fine because Camp NaNoWriMo is right around the corner.

Most of you probably know what Camp NaNoWriMo is by now, but if not, it's an offshoot of NaNoWriMo which stands for National Novel Writing Month (which takes place in November) where authors attempt to write a 50K word novel in one month. Camp NaNoWriMo is a bit different. It takes place twice a year (April & July) and the goal doesn't have to be to write an entire novel. It's more about making major headway in a specific area or knocking out goals on multiple projects.

My focus for this Camp NaNoWriMo is going to be getting through as much of the developmental edits on THE DAPPER DETECTIVE as possible. I'd LOVE to complete them by the end of July, but as long as I make some major progress then I'll be happy. I just finished the second draft this past week and while I'm happy with the story, I know it needs to be bulked up a bit. So, developmental edits will help with this by giving me the opportunity to see where I can add more scenes or get a little more descriptive.

If things go my way, universe willing, I'm hoping to have this book out by Autumn of this year. Fingers crossed! I know so many of you looking forward to this story and I'm eager to get it into your hands.

Since Camp NaNoWriMo is a more social event between writers, you'll probably see me back on social media a bit more during July. I'd love to have you join me there on my progress through writing this book! You can find me on Twitter and Instagram.

Have a great week, everyone! 

❤ Dez

No comments:

Post a Comment