Monday, July 24, 2023

Camp NaNoWriMo Update

 


I had intended to post a Camp NaNoWriMo update halfway through the month and then got too busy and forgot! But we're nearing the end now and I'm here to report that I've made it halfway through my developmental edits of The Dapper Detective! This means I'm right on track to where I'd hoped to be at this point.

My goal is to now finish up the rest of the dev edits over the next two weeks and then I can begin a short round of, what I like to call, "Atmospheric Edits". This is where I go through the manuscript and make sure to sprinkle in descriptions that help maintain the atmosphere/vibe of the story throughout. I've actually done pretty well with this in the manuscript so far, so that should only take a few short writing sessions and then I'll be on to line edits.

One of my favorite parts of revisions/edits is coming across lines I've written but forgotten about and feeling as though the characters took on a life of their own and wrote them themselves. Here's one of my favorites from this story:


I'm so excited to be one step closer to getting to release this book and share this story with you all!


Have a great week and Happy Reading!

❤ Dez

No comments:

Post a Comment