Monday, July 17, 2023

My 40th Birthday!

 


I honestly cannot believe that I'm 40 now! At the same time, I'm totally fine with it. The last year of my 30s was all about acceptance; not only of myself, but of where I'm at in life. And what I realized was that I'd actually accomplished a LOT in my first forty years of existence (I say "first" because I'm hoping for forty more. haha). I grew so much, both literally and in terms of experience, education, and skill development. And I'm fully ready now to implement everything I've learned up to this point to live the rest of my life on my own terms and continue working toward my bigger goals.

And I can't think of a better way to have celebrated my 40th birthday than getting to go see my favorite band in concert!


I've been a Blink-182 fan since I was 15 and this was my first time to finally see them live. Such an amazing experience and I'm so glad I got to share it with my family!

I spend a lot of time working on my goals, thinking about things I want to do next, and feeling as though there's never enough time to do everything I aspire to do. But I took some time this weekend to remind myself that I've actually accomplished a lot of amazing things in my life already and I should be more mindful to be proud of myself instead of just always focusing on "what's next".

In my first 40 years of life I've built a wonderful family, earned a BFA in Studio Art, worked for a decade in Advertising, had my art shown and sold in galleries, connected with celebrity clients, written and published a dozen books, worked at an art museum, and visited Walt Disney World several times. That's a lot of amazing stuff! And it's crazy that I never take a moment to just breathe and be proud. I just keep going, going, going. 

So, I'm hoping my next 40 years will be even more fruitful and I'll be more mindful to take the time to appreciate where I'm at with every step.




Love you all and thank you for being a part of this awesome journey called life!

❤ Dez


No comments:

Post a Comment